USI Stakeholder Bulletin Subscription
Are all the right people in your organisation receiving the USI Stakeholder Bulletin?
We recommend all staff involved in student enrolment, USI creation and verification and data reporting receive this Bulletin.
Bulletins are sent to key contacts identified on Training.gov.au. If you need to make any changes to the key contacts listed on TGA, you will need to contact your Regulator to do so.
Any stakeholder staff are also welcome to directly subscribe to the Bulletin via the USI website.
13 February 2020
Welcome to the first USI Stakeholder Bulletin for 2020. Firstly, with bushfires affecting many Australians, we want to extend our thoughts and sympathies to all communities, organisations and individuals impacted – please contact us if assistance is required with locating, verifying or creating a USI. Another important article to highlight is the AUSkey decommission date which is approaching fast: after 27 March 2020, RTOs will not be able to access the USI registry system via AUSkey - is your RTO ready? In addition to these topics, the bulletin also includes articles on the new Department of Education, Skills and Employment, mandatory issuing of privacy notices where RTOs apply for USIs on behalf of students, our re-established USI working groups and our USI extended contact centre hours.Read this edition
18 December 2019
Welcome to the final USI stakeholder bulletin for 2019. Since our last bulletin, we have had some exciting developments including two Bills being submitted to Parliament to amend the Student Identifiers Act 2014; and the acceptance of a new DVS document in the form of Centrelink Concession Cards. In addition to these topics, the bulletin also includes articles on AUSkey, OAIC’s recent USI privacy assessment, and the Student Identifiers Registrar’s thoughts on the USI now and into the future.Read this edition
26 September 2019
Welcome to the new and improved bulletin. We recently asked you to complete a survey telling us what you thought about the bulletin, its contents, distribution and how we can improve it. The new bulletin layout is built on your feedback, for a design that makes it easier to identify topics and find the information relevant to you. The more than 370 responses told us that the bulletin was largely meeting your needs, but had room for improvement.Read this edition
25 February 2019
- Changes to the National VET Data Policy – Does this impact the USI?
- You’re calling us - What are the three things slowing down enrolment right now?
- Protecting Student Privacy
- Does your enrolling student already have a USI? – Use the Existing USI Search Tool/Locate USI to check
- New staff in your organisation? - Make sure they subscribe to the USI RTO Bulletin and access the RTO Onboarding Pack for helpful USI information
- AVETMISS reporting deadline - Closing at the end of February 2019
13 December 2018
In this bulletin:
- Third Quarter 2018 data reported by RTOs is now available on USI Transcripts
- Reporting Tips for RTOs (as we gear up for reporting deadlines next year)
- Reminder - Student Management Systems Device AUSkey Certificate Renewal
- TIP for your students: Setting Permission for RTOs to access their USI Account
- USI Office ½ day closure – Wednesday, 19 December
- Christmas and New Year Break Operating Hours