For your security, your USI account is protected by a password and check questions. You will need to set these up when you create your USI. It is important to choose a password and check questions that you will remember.
If your training organisation created a USI on your behalf, you will be sent a link to activate your USI account. During your first login, you will be prompted to set up your password and check questions.
A valid password must contain:
- a minimum of nine (9) characters.
- three (3) of the following character sets:
- lowercase letters (a-z)
- uppercase letters (A-Z)
- numbers (0-9)
- special characters (!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*)
We recommend that you create a strong password, an automatic security strength rating will be provided by the USI Registry System. Make sure you keep your password somewhere safe and secure where you can easily get it when needed.
Note: Your password cannot be the same as your USI.
You can change your password by logging into the USI Registry System and selecting 'Change your password'.
Check questions provide an extra method of identification, in case you:
- forget your password
- forget your USI
- contact the USI Registrar
- already have a USI account that matches your details
Below is a sample list of check questions, you can also create your own questions (must be less than 100 characters).
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What is the name of your best friend?
- What street did you live on in primary school?
- What is your oldest sibling's middle name?
- What primary school did you attend?
- What is your oldest cousin's first and last name?
- What was the name of your favourite animal?
- In what city or town did your mother and father meet?
- What was the last name of your primary school teacher?
- What language is spoken with your family?
- What is your grandmother's maiden name?
- In what city or town was your first job?
- Where was your wedding reception held?
Note: Answers must be less than 40 characters.
You can change your check questions by logging into the USI Registry System and selecting 'Change check questions'.