Before you start
A USI is for life! You only have to create it once.
If you have undertaken training since 2015, you probably have a USI.
If you are unsure, please go to the Find your USI page to check.
You will need to provide identification to create a USI.
The following are acceptable forms of ID to create a USI. You will need at least one of the identity documents listed below:
- Australian Passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa)
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian Driver's Licence
- Medicare Card
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Centrelink Concession Card
- Citizenship Certificate
Should take less than 5 minutes to complete