Creating a Unique Student Identifier (USI) will only take a few minutes and it is free. You only need to create a USI once and it will stay with you for life. After you create your USI, you then need to give it to each training provider you train with when you enrol.
Although most students create their own USI, some training providers will be able to create a USI for you, with your permission. Your training provider may do this at enrolment or when you begin studying. Your training provider will let you know if they provide this service.
If you already have a USI you can retrieve your USI or password.
Student Video - Unique Student Identifier (USI)
What does my USI do?
Your USI links to an online account which contains all your training records which you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards.
One of the main benefits of having a USI is having easy access to your training records and transcripts. When applying for a job or enrolling in further study, you often need to provide these records. You will be able to access your USI account online anytime from your:
- smart phone
Once you create your USI you will be able to:
- give your USI to each training provider you study with
- view and update your details in your USI account
- view and download your training records and transcript
- manage which training providers can view your transcript
- manage which training providers can view and/or update your details in your USI account